Saturday 5 January 2013

Pencil Skirts Made Easy

I was sent a variety of faux-leather skirts to style (always 2 looks per item) and wear trial from a range of high street brands. So bear with me whilst I work through them all over the next few weeks! I am not a skirt person myself so this project should be interesting!

For NYE I chose to wear my favorite from the batch; this H&M number that looked very scary at first because of its almost-fetish-PVC front panel, but is actually pretty cute with its matte stretchy back panel - with hand pockets! I'm a sucker for pockets!

To avoid looking like a secretary, style it with a bright slouchy top or a neat lush jumper (will demonstrate next). As with fit, the only thing I would say is that it doesn't have a split at the hem like most pencil skirts; makes going up and down stairs a little troublesome. The skirt is otherwise incredibly comfortable and very easy to wear!








Top: Lanvin, Coat: Miss Selfridge, Heart Jumper: Topshop, Neck-plate: Freedom at Topshop, Studded Clutch: Zara, Shoes: Topshop.


Topshop UK
Miss Selfridge UK
Miss Selfridge UK