Sunday 1 January 2017

Hello 2017!

Morning glorious 2017!!

The past year had been my year of hibernation, spending most of it bed-bound nursing illnesses whilst battling career rifts and unemployment. I was told according to astrology / feng sui / fortune telling that 2016 was going to be a tough one for me but as much as I didn't want to believe it, I eventually surrendered.

I had a major health episode at the beginning of the year, one that shook up some seriously cold reality checks and had to grow up immediately over. I relocated back home, broke off some toxic relationships (personal and work), then suffered a whole bunch of unexpected culture shocks (physically and mentally).

A lot of people had been asking after Karina Dash on instagram, and I'm eternally grateful for these kind souls especially when it comes at the most unexpected but needed times. I think I'm finally ready to talk about this, and clarify a few things for those who are interested. Karina Dash started off as a fun & games outlet for me, but it picked up a storm so unexpectedly quickly that consumed my whole life in a blink of an eye. I was feeling so exploited towards the end, and even the biggest global names were taking advantage of my puny one-man-band. Perhaps I should have realised the need to acquired an entourage earlier, perhaps I should have been more legal savvy from the start, perhaps I should have been less naive and handled the whole thing as a business instead of a hobby or passion. Sometimes I wonder if I had ruined this opportunity that a lot of people would only dream of. Sometimes I still think it was a dream. Either way, I chose to let it all go and watch the cards fall where they may. I had rapidly lost about 2k followers in the first few months and it was painful to watch. So I stopped checking. Now though, I realise over 7k of you are staying firmly put and I honestly can't tell you how grateful I am for your support (or how many neglected accounts there are out there lol). So I feel compelled to announce officially that Karina Dash will most probably never come back to how it was recognised. That version was me on a dangerous dosage of steroids fed by people who were supposed to take care of my pay cheque. I have, however, recently started entertaining the thought of reinventing the account. It will be a lot less glamorous but probably a lot more personal. I am prepared for a phase of unfollowers so it will be a process I guess! We'll see we'll see...

I had also finally landed a full-time job by August-end and had been rehabilitating into a 9-6 ritual since. It had been hard if I was being totally honest, to go from globe-trotting and getting recognised at comic cons to an desk life getting bullied by small minded people. Am I practically Kara Danvers? Hah I wish I can fly. And Kryptonian. It's actually a pretty cool company; works towards making viral videos (like a fraction of a speckle of buzzfeed) and I'm a content creator there :)

I'm a survivor of 2016, and I feel stronger and more optimistic than ever.
;)

9 comments:

  1. Late comment, but i hope all is well with you. People are gonna hate but i always say this to them haters, the world hated Jesus, they can hate me too. Hope for a good 2017

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good article, I appreciate your hard work in work full of creativity, I am Glad to visit your blog.

    Ramuan Tradisional Untuk Mengatasi Klimaks Dini

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am very happy to enjoy your nice content, hopefully you can continue to be consistent in presenting informative and useful content.

    Obat Permanen Untuk Ejakulasi Dini

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog is very creative, I appreciate your work. very interesting to read. thank you

    Obat Klimaks Dini Terbaik

    Cara Mengatasi Mani Cepat Keluar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi
    I like the style of your dress, a good idea to make niche blog about fashion.
    if you can advice, provide information and tips on various types of clothing for various events, or various types of body shape.

    Obat tradisional ereksi penis lemah mudah loyo

    Cara cepat mengobati klimaks dini paling ampuh

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi
    very interesting choice of theme of your blog, I appreciate your hard work in working especially in blog world. thank you

    Obat ejakulasi dini agar sembuh permanen

    Ramuan rahasia untuk atasi ejakulasi dini permanen

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi.
    I am very happy to enjoy your great content. I know to create blog content takes hard work, hopefully you can continue consistently. thank you

    Obat Ejakulasi Dini Sampai Sembuh Permanen

    Cara Cepat Mengatasi Masalah VItalitas Pria

    Cara Mengatasi Masalah VItalitas Pria

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now the next thing you need to do is pop your wattle seeds into a container with some coarse sand Newport Cigarettes. Shake it up a bit and that abrasive action - you're just trying to mimic what happens in nature Newport Cigarettes. In the desert country, the seeds can blow for miles across the sand and the abrasive action scratches the hard outer shell, allowing for the water to get in and then a little root to pop out.

    ReplyDelete

Topshop UK
Miss Selfridge UK
Miss Selfridge UK